[gmx-users] Parrinello-Rahman coupling and constant slight evolution of box sides

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 17 21:57:17 CET 2008

I note this from your .mdp file:
rvdw                     = 1.4

I assume that you use the Berger lipids (I don't see POPE in ffG43a2.rtp). Since those were parameterized for rvdw=1.0
you may want to consider the effect of rvdw=1.4 as in appendix A in Patra, Karttunen, Hyvonen, Falck, Lindqvist, and Vattulainen
Biophys J. V. 84 June 2003  3636-45
Although 50ns seems like an awfully long time for equilibration of an rvdw change.

For your neat bilayer, you may also want to consider lipid orientational correlations as in Takaoka, ..., and Kusumi Biophys. J. V. 79 Dec 2000 3118-38

For your bilayer-protein system, you may also want to consider hydrophobic mismatch as in Kandasamy and Larson Biophys. J. V. 90 April 2006 2326-43

If you do figure it out, please post something back to the list. I would be interested to know if this explains your findings
since I have seen similar issues in some of my neat bilayers depending on the cutoffs.