[gmx-users] How to remove H atom from residue in gro file?

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Jan 18 09:42:57 CET 2008

Hi

First of all, I think its dangerous to perform MD simulations without
any knowledge about the details of MD.
So the first suggestion is: Inform yourself (by reading the manual)
about MD and GROMACS. Using a black box is, maybe, often done, but
surely not the best way to go.
Before starting a simulation with non-standard residues I'd suggest to
start some tutorial-simulations with "normal" proteins to improve your
knowledge.

To solve your problem the easiest (and hopefully the best) way, I would
suggest to use the amberFF port and then build your phosphorylated
residues according to these parameters:
N Homeyer, AHC Horn, H Lanig, H Sticht - Journal of Molecular Modeling, 2006

This is for sure some work and you need an understanding of how GROMACS
makes use of residue parameters and stuff, but its IMHO the best way to
produce reasonable results.

regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310