[gmx-users] How to remove H atom from residue in gro file?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 18 20:50:12 CET 2008

Dear All,

In working with Nelson on his problem (below), I made some headway into figuring
out what is going on with the ffG43a1p force field files.  I know a few others
have asked questions about it across this list, so I thought I would send this
out to everyone.

By modifying a few entries in the .hdb file, the problems seem to be alleviated
(as in, the residues are recognized and pdb2gmx proceeds without any errors).
It seems that perhaps the formatting of the .hdb file has changed since a
previous version of Gromacs, but this change has not been reflected in the
ffG43a1p* files.  I made no changes to the parameters or the entries in the
original files, only the formatting.

If anyone has a need for the complete set of ffG43a1p files, please email me
(off-list), and I will be happy to send them along.  If there is a widespread
demand for them, I will upload them to the User Contributions site.  Hopefully
they will work :)  I have not tested them extensively, but I looked into it
because I was curious.

-Justin