[gmx-users] FEP trajectory errors

Robert Johnson bobjohnson1981 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:10:23 CET 2008

Thank you David and Maik for your detailed replies. Yes, I am trying
to obtain an absolute free energy of binding. My thermodynamic cycle
is:

NT+DNA(adsorbed) -> NT+ DNA(desorbed)  (obviously this is not the one
that I'm obtaining with the alchemic method)

Thus, the one I'm using in the simulation is:

Water + NT + DNA(adsorbed) -> Water + NT + nothing (DNA dissapears)
Water + DNA -> Water + nothing

Any suggestions about this? I will check out your recent publications.

I believe my topology is properly formatted. I wasn't expecting the
large distortions because I was using position restraints. Thus, I was
expecting the base to remain in about the same geometry. Perhaps I
will increase the force constant for the restraining potential.

I am going to repeat some of these computations using sc_alpha=0.5.

Thanks for your help.
Bob