[gmx-users] error while running grompp

Ragothaman Yennamalli ymr79in at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 21 16:10:03 CET 2008

Dear Mark,
Thanks for the mail. I was able to solve the problem,
by changing the path of cpp from /lib/cpp to
/usr/bin/cpp.
With the same system, When I run mdrun calling mpirun
I get the following error message and the program
exits.

mpiexec_bicg5quad.local: mpd_uncaught_except_tb
handling:
  exceptions.IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
    /Users/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  1035
handle_stdin_input
        sys.stdin.flush()  # probably does nothing
    /Users/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py  527
handle_active_streams
        handler(stream,*args)
    /Users/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  493  mpiexec
        rv =
streamHandler.handle_active_streams(timeout=1.0)
    /Users/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  1393  ?
        mpiexec()

Please let em know how can I solve this? Just a
reminder that the system is a 4 processor apple G5
system.

Regards,
Raghu

http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors#Number_of_coordinates_in_coordinate_file_does_not_match_topology