[gmx-users] FEP trajectory errors

Robert Johnson bobjohnson1981 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:29:38 CET 2008

Yep, all atoms begin to freeze....even the ones not being perturbed
(i.e. the water molecules). It's pretty strange. It only happens for
lambda=1.0. Below is my .mdp file.

;       Run Control
integrator          =  md                               ; calculation type
dt                  =  0.0015                           ; time step (ps)
emstep              =  0.1                              ; step size
for steepest descent (nm)
nsteps              =  3000000                          ; number of steps
gen_vel             =  no                               ; velocity
generation on startup
comm_mode           =  linear                           ; center of
mass restrictions
nstcomm             =  100                              ; center of
mass motion removal frequency

;       Free Energy Perturbation
free_energy         =  yes
init_lambda         =  1.0
delta_lambda        =  0
sc_alpha            =  0.5
sc_power            =  1
sc_sigma            =  0.3

;       Data Output Options
nstxout             =  5000                             ; coordinate
output frequency
nstvout             =  5000                             ; velocity
output frequency
nstlog              =  5000                             ; energy
output frequency to log file
nstenergy           =  5000                             ; energy
output frequency to energy file

;       Neighbor-list
nstlist             =  15                               ;
neighbor-list update frequency
ns_type             =  grid                             ; type of neighbor-list
pbc                 =  full                             ; periodic
boundary conditions

;       Cut-off distances
rlist               =  1.2                              ; cut-off
distance for neighbor-list (nm)
rvdw                =  1.2                              ; cut-off
distance for vdw (nm)
rcoulomb            =  1.2                              ; cut-off
distance for coulomb (nm)
dispcorr            =  EnerPres

;       Electrostatics
coulombtype         =  PME                              ; electrostatics method
pme_order           =  4                                ;
interpolation order of PME
optimize_fft        =  yes                              ; optimization
of FFT grid at startup
fourierspacing      =  0.12                             ; grid spacing (nm)