[gmx-users] Problem regarding Complex ion addition by genbox

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 28 10:15:50 CET 2008

> Thanks for giving me insight. But i have a query.
> I tried to add complex ion by genion but while adding, it replaces the
> water molecule according to my choice but it shows information of one atom
> only not of all atom of that complex molecule in structure file (.gro).i
> then tried to use by genbox.How should it will display information of all
> atom of complex molecule ?

I'll do my best to answer, but if you want some better help then I am
afraid that you need to find somebody on your end that can assist you
in getting the question across in english that is more easily
understood. Unfortunately I do not understand your particular question
on this post, I only assume that you still don't have the answer.

Here is what I would first think of doing (but I have never tried it).

1. Use editconf to put your protein in the box of desired size (protein.gro).

2. Use editconf to put your guanidinium ion in a box of such a size so
that it is at the desired concentration (guanidinium.gro).

3. genbox -cp protein.gro -cs guanidinium.gro -o protein_guanidinium.gro

4. grnbox -cp protein_guanidinium.gro -cs tip3p.gro -o
protein_guanidinium_tip3p.gro

5. EM

6. Posre ME

7. MD