[gmx-users] Atom names mismatch

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri May 30 06:22:13 CEST 2008

This is a bona fide problem. The topology (and the names/parameters
for atoms) is taken from the .top file so you appear to be specifying
carbon coordinates for a hydrogen in the first warning and then it
goes from there. It is only a warning because sometimes you want to be
able to work through this (e.g. if you build your .top with one water
model and your .pdb has another).

"does this affect the correctness and the accuracy of the results?"

Yes. you have some problem that will likely lead to a crash within
minutes of starting the run, and even if it somehow doesn't then still
you are doing something that you don't intend to.

Look into your .top or just run it with mdrun for 1 step and look at
the output .gro in vmd. If you can't solve it then post your .top and
a relevant snip of your .pdb (but do try to solve it yourself).

Chris.