[gmx-users] Atom names mismatch

George Abadir georgea at ece.ubc.ca
Fri May 30 07:17:33 CEST 2008

Thanks for your reply. I built the molecule using PYMOL, then used
pdb2gmx to generate the topology. It seems that pdb2gmx reorders the
atoms. Then in the simulation I used the initial PDB file generated by
PYMOL. Does this make things any more reasonable. Because actually, this
happened in five different simulations till now!!!! So, I don't think it
is a mere coincidence. The molecule at the end is intact and all the
atoms are in their respective positions (i.e., the carbon was not
actually exchanged with hydrogen as it should be from the warning). It
would very helpful if someone could see how these simulations continued
without deforming the molecule.
Thank you very much,
Regards,
George