[gmx-users] Membrane protein tutorial

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:32:33 CEST 2009

Hi Justin,

Pretty neat. Thnx! Just a few comments, also on the lysozyme one. I
think it's best to name and explain all options you use for a program,
to take as much of the 'magic' out as possible. Having unexplained
options may make students, mainly undergrads, go into a non-absorbant
mode, just entering commands the cook-book style. Of course, that's
not an issue for people wanting to get to understand these things, but
then an extra line of explanation also never hurts. For the lysozyme
thing I also noted you used a cubic box. I think it's best to use a
rhombic dodecahedron and just pretend that that's the common way of
doing things when simulating proteins in solution.

But the real reason for replying is to ask whether you have this
available in a single pretty-print formatted page? I would like I
handout of this :)

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--