[gmx-users] Something about getting started

DreamCatcher huangshuping1987 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:04:26 CEST 2009

Dear gmx-users,
      I am a freshman of gmx and I wanna use gromacs for polyvinyl-alcohol
simulation.But I don't even know how to start it.
      Is it necessary to start my simulation with a .pdb files?If so,What
should I do before this?I can make an pdb file for a chain of syndiotatic
polyvinyl-alcohols via Material Studio or some other packages,but the
residue cann't be recognize,so I have to modify some top files to correct
it.I just modify the .hdb and rtp files endeavor to make it.But it seems not
an easy work.
     the message the package sent to me is as follows,appreciate if somebody
can help me to handle this!
*** (this is an previous version.when i try to use pdb2gmx to get its .top
file,a fatal error reminds:
     "source code file : resall.c line:279 ()
       Fatal errors:
            in .rtp file at line :    "
     when I add the charge and chargegroupndx of the atoms,there comes a
similar error  ):
My attempt is as follows:
###  in rtp file
[ VAB ]