[gmx-users] HEME-cysteine gromacs simulation

郭建路 zimoguojianlu at 163.com
Wed Aug 26 03:29:32 CEST 2009

HI all:

I want to run a simulation with  heme group(cytochrome p450). i have made a 3-d structure model for a cytochrome p450 .I use the ffG43a1 force field,someone told me that i need both suitable parameters for your desired force field, and then to construct a correct topology. I read lots of papers,but most of them used amber force field.Befor runing the gromacs molecular simulation,i define the heme group as a new residue in the .rtp files,following the required formats(atoms,bonds exclusions,angles,impropers,dihedrals)and then define a new FE-S bong.

i run the simulation like this:

pdb2gmx -ignh -ff G43a1 -f CYP2W1_CYSHEME.pdb -o new1.pdb -p new1.top -water spce
editconf -bt cubic -f new1.pdb -o new2.pdb -d 0.9
genbox -cp new2.pdb -cs spc216.gro -o new3.pdb -p new1.top
grompp -f em.mdp -c new3.pdb -p new1.top -o em.tpr
genion -s em.tpr -o new5.pdb -nname CL- -nn 1 -g ion.log; Edit top file, delette em.tpr
grompp -f em.mdp -c new5.pdb -p new1.top -o em.tpr
mdrun -s em.tpr -o em.trr -c new7.pdb -g em.log -e em.edr
grompp -f pr.mdp -c new7.pdb -p new1.top -o pr.tpr
mdrun -s pr.tpr -o pr.trr -c new9.mdp -e pr.edr -g pr.log

 1 i run pdb2gmx and get the new1.pdb ,when checking the pdb with accelrys ds visualizer or sybyl,the atom FE was recognized as F (Fluorine)and the pdb miss the bonds between FE-S &FE-N,i add or delete a blank space befor or after the FE in the pdb file,it was read as iron(FE) again but still missing;when checking the .top file,there was a FE (both atom name and type)and formed the FE-S & FE-N bonds.

if i ignore the above things,go on the command ,when runing the em.mdp there is a tip that Steepest Descents failed converged to Fmax < 1000 in 5001 steps.when run the pr.tpr,a error emerged as segment fatal error。

2 someone told me that i need both suitable parameters for your desired force field, and then to construct a correct topology. I read lots of papers,but most of them used amber force field.Does anyone known a paper with a gromacs force field for HEME group?

please help me how handle those problems,how can i go on the simulation?

the HEME-cysteine parameter in the rtp files,define themas a new residue.(is there any problems?)

[ HEME ]
 [ atoms ]
    N     N    -0.28000     0
    H     H     0.28000     0