[gmx-users] error while executing grompp

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 26 04:31:41 CEST 2009

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> Your ffcharmm.itp file lacks a necessary line at the very top:
>
> #define _FF_CHARMM
>
> Without this line, grompp does not know which force field you are using,
> and hence everything breaks down when other .itp files are called.

On closer inspection, Chanchal's source at
http://www.bioinf.uni-sb.de/RB/ is redistributing a not-fully-functional
version of the results of my CHARMM conversion scripts. I believe such
redistribution is not technically a breach of the GPL license under
which I released those scripts (since my copyright extends to the
scripts, but not to their results since I understand that these are not
"derivative works"), but those files and the website don't acknowledge
their origin. The pre-print journal article linked there does
acknowledge my work suitably, however. I'll email them and ask for a
suitable correction.

Mark