[gmx-users] doing averages using g_angle

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 2 05:15:56 CET 2009

Amit Choubey wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> It does seem that the -all option averages the distributions.
> The thing is i was confused with "the first graph is the average, the
> rest are the individual angles." because when i tried it previously i
> only found 2 columns which were angle and distribution.
>
> But now i checked again explicitly by doing few more g_angle commands
> and it seems that -all does do what i wanted to do. I still dont know
> what the "rest are the individual angles" means.

I haven't ever used it, but would have expected the output to be along
the lines of

Time "Average over all angles" Angle-1 Angle-2 ...
1          234                   23      345
2          123                   234     232
2          223                   ...
3          323

What output do you get and what seems wrong to you?

Mark