[gmx-users] any chance to write avoid writing out trr but only xtc file ?

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 15:56:26 CET 2009

Hi,

We should remove the opening of the trr file in Gromacs 4.1 when no output is requested.
But opening one output file on one process should not cause a lot of system activity,
independently of the size of the cluster, right?

More costly are the fexist operations that all processes perform for all in and output files
with multiple possible file names. In git master only the master process calls fexist.

Berk