[gmx-users] Reducing Standard Error output

Jack Shultz js at drugdiscoveryathome.com
Fri Dec 4 01:39:43 CET 2009

yes the environment I was running in was the boinc wrapper and its
supposed to somehow return the standard error output. It probably got
overloaded. It is curious why I only had the problem on windows 64 but
I'm not going to worry about it.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Jack Shultz wrote:
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I just figured out removing the -v will reduce output. Interestingly I
>> only have this problem with 64-bit Windows hosts. I have not observed
>> it in any others and I have a fairly diverse environment on this
>> project. For now I can say removing the -v gets the app to finish the
>> run.
>
> mdrun -v will have no effect on correct completion, unless the use of -v is
> causing some I/O buffer external to GROMACS to over-run. I suspect your
> observation indicates you were comparing apples and oranges.
>
> Mark

Jack

http://drugdiscoveryathome.com
http://hydrogenathome.org