[gmx-users] Reducing Standard Error output

Jack Shultz js at drugdiscoveryathome.com
Sat Dec 5 19:36:55 CET 2009

Even though I can sucessfully run this when I remove the verbose flag,
it causes another problem. We keep trac of the progress of indivual
simulations using a code modfication in sim_util.c

124:      f = fopen("progress.txt", "w");
125-      if (!f) return;
126-      fprintf(f, "%g", (step - ir->init_step) / (float) ir->nsteps);
127-      fclose(f);

Apparently this code is only used if the app is in verbose mode. So I
guess we have two choices:
1) either find the cause of the lincs warnings
2) modify the code so it reports progress regardless of verbose flag