[gmx-users] g_mindist after trjconv -fit give different results

eladp at post.tau.ac.il eladp at post.tau.ac.il
Sun Dec 6 20:50:30 CET 2009

Hi Tsjerk,
thanks for the reply.

Will the MSD of the molecule also be affected by the fitting.
I'm trying to calculate the relative diffusion coefficient of an ion
near a protein. For this I thought to first fix the system according
to the protein and then calculate the msd of the ion.
I noticed in the g_msd code that periodicity is taken into account (as
expected). However, in g_msd the interest of the periodicity handling
regards regards the atom position relative to itself in previous
frames. Will this relative movement (of the atom in relation to itself
in the previous frame) be kept after doing "trjconv -fit".

Thanks.