[gmx-users] Gromacs-4.0.6 released

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sun Dec 6 22:32:31 CET 2009

Make that gromacs-4.0.7 :-)

When yours truly added the automatic apple-64-bit detection from the head branch, I accidentally removed all 3DNow checks too, since that code is no longer supported in the main tree. This caused autoconf to try and build 3DNow kernels by default on all 64bit Linux platforms, which won't work.

Since this is a common platform I've fixed it in a new release, rather than asking you to use "--disable-ia32-3dnow". If you managed to build 4.0.6 (e.g. on OS X) there's absolutely nothing wrong with that version per se, though!

Cheers,

Erik