[gmx-users] mpispawn.c:303 Unexpected exit status

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Dec 8 12:53:25 CET 2009

You haven't addressed any of the comments or questions I posted earlier:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2009-December/047294.html

When asking for free help, demonstrate that you're willing to take the advice
you're given, and if that fails, state what problems remain.  Otherwise, it
seems like you're ignoring viable suggestions.

For the sake of being explicit: your .mdp file is wrong, and the dynamics are
likely spurious.  Solve these issues (which I have described for you!) before
moving to a more peripherally-related solution.  Also check the .log file; as I
said before, Gromacs rarely exits without offering its own error messages about
what's going wrong.  There is nothing in this output that immediately suggests
your PME spacing is remotely at fault, but other parameters in your .mdp file
are clearly wrong.

-Justin

shivkumar bale wrote:
> Hi Gromacs Users,
>
> The error:
>
> mpispawn.c:303 Unexpected exit status
>
> Child exited abnormally!
> Killing remote processes...DONE
>
> Following is the link which might help:
>
> http://www.ece.unm.edu/~etanner/MPI.html
> <http://www.ece.unm.edu/%7Eetanner/MPI.html>
>

> I think the above error is because of the PME calculations and changing
> the grid spacing might work. But I dont know how to change the grid
> spacing. Do you have any idea regarding that? Or if you think the error
> is due to some other reason let me know.
>
> I am attaching the .mdp file with this email.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards
>
> Shivkumar

Justin A. Lemkul