[gmx-users] path

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 9 17:46:50 CET 2009

Nilesh Dhumal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed the Groamcs 4.0.5 version on linux machime.
> During the simulation I found that prog. take the
> /usr/share/gromacs/top (here gromacs 3.3 version) instead of
> /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top (here is Groamcs 4.0.5 version.
>
> Can you tell How to modify path sothat I can use groamcs 4.0.5 version.

Different distributions can live side-by-side as long as you have sourced the
right GMXRC and/or modified your shell configuration files to point to the right
directories.  If you want to exclusively use 4.0.5 and eliminate 3.3, you can
remove the 3.3 directories and all their content.

-Justin

> Thanks
> Nilesh

Justin A. Lemkul