[gmx-users] where is the gromacs 4.0.6/7 revision list?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Dec 12 04:39:31 CET 2009

chris.neale at utoronto.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am very interested to know exactly what has changed between gromacs
> 4.0.5 and 4.0.6/7. I understand that the test set is no longer useful
> for gmx-4 (see quote below) and I'm not strongly motivated to update my
> gromacs version when I don't know what bugs will be fixed and there is
> always some non-zero chance of new bugs being introduced. Then again, I
> am motivated to get rid of a buggy version if indeed 4.0.5 should be
> described as such.
>
> Quoting the homepage:
> "Gromacs-4.0.6 has been released, and a couple of hours later 4.0.7
> since the first version tried to build 3DNow instructions by default on
> 64bit linux (don't worry - there's nothing wrong if you managed to build
> 4.0.6!) This is a maintenance version that fixes a number of minor bugs
> reported in bugzilla over the last couple of months."
>
> I have done my best to find details on these "fixes a number of minor
> bugs", but have not found anything. I checked the revision mailing list,
> but found no posts since April 2009:
> http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-revision/
>
> There is also no useful information here:
> http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Revisions_in_4.0
> on exactly what those changes might be...

I started a 4.0.7 revisions list there and noted the issues that came to
mind. The canonical source for such a list should be the git commits
here
http://repo.or.cz/w/gromacs.git/shortlog/refs/heads/release-4-0-patches,
but these are often cryptic and need re-writing for a revisions list
useful to non-developers. When I have some more time I'll put more
revisions up, but others should make an effort for things they've fixed...

Mark