[gmx-users] where is the gromacs 4.0.6/7 revision list?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Dec 13 03:08:08 CET 2009

chris.neale at utoronto.ca wrote:
> Thanks again Mark,
>
> are you able to provide a bug number for "Fixed bug with pull groups
> using weights in parallel" so that I can figure out exactly what the
> problem was?

I can't. The existing links are where the committer mentioned a bug
number, or Justin and I knew the numbers already. Searching bugzilla is
your best bet.

> Separately, it seems like a decent idea to automate the production of
> this list and its update on the website whenever a new version is
> released... if that's even possible. I know that the tools section of
> the gromacs manual is autogenerated from the tool -h output, so that
> might be one route to make this happen.

Agreed - automation would be welcome. Making sure committers note
bugzilla numbers would be very useful start. Secondarily, they should
consider a git commit that's intelligible to someone who hasn't read the
code diff. The best automatic solution I could suggest would be a perl
script to postprocess a git log. That'd still have to go up on a wiki
after editing by hand, though.

Mark