[gmx-users] exclusive list of matching searches on the gmx-users list

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 18 23:59:23 CET 2009

Hello,

does anybody know how to get an exclusive list of matching searches
while searching the gromacs mailing list using the new search tool?

I have tried:
essential dynamics Address not mapped
"essential dynamics" and "Address not mapped"
"essential dynamics" AND "Address not mapped"
"essential dynamics" & "Address not mapped"
"essential dynamics" && "Address not mapped"

and in both cases I get hundreds of results that are related to one or
the other of the topics that I am searching but the top results have
no bearing on what I am actually looking for (I didn't check all 200+
results).

The previous mailing list search was exclusive in this way. For
example, I can still use the old search tool:
http://oldwww.gromacs.org/swish-e/search/search2.php and a search for:

essential dynamics Address not mapped

clearly indicates that there are no hits.

I like the new feature that I can see some of the text from the
"matching" posts, but I have run into this implied-"OR" functionality
before in other searches on this list and it really is a lot harder to
find relevant posts now.

If this implicit-OR functionality can not be removed or worked around,
perhaps we should note this and put a link to the old search engine on
the main page...

Thanks,
Chris.