[gmx-users] free energy with TIP4P bug fixed

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:52:22 CET 2009

Hi,

There are three ways to avoid this bug with free-energy and TIP4P:
Or make sure that any energy group that contains perturbed atoms
does not include any non-perturbed atoms with charges,
or use GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT (slow),
or use the fix below.

Berk

RCS file: /home/gmx/cvs/gmx/src/mdlib/ns.c,v
retrieving revision 1.149
retrieving revision 1.149.2.1
diff -r1.149 -r1.149.2.1
3c3
<  * $Id: ns.c,v 1.149 2008/08/31 07:08:18 hess Exp $
---
>  * $Id: ns.c,v 1.149.2.1 2009/01/29 10:08:57 hess Exp $
544c544
<     bool      bDoVdW_i,bDoCoul_i;
---
>     bool      bDoVdW_i,bDoCoul_i,bDoCoul_i_sol;
956a957,971
>             /* For TIP4P the first atom does not have a charge,
>              * but the last three do. So we should still put an atom
>              * without LJ but with charge in the water-atom neighborlist
>              * for a TIP4p i charge group.
>              * For SPC type water the first atom has LJ and charge,
>              * so there is no such problem.
>              */
>             if (iwater == esolNO)
>             {
>                 bDoCoul_i_sol = bDoCoul_i;
>             }
>             else
>             {
>                 bDoCoul_i_sol = bDoCoul;
>             }
958c973
<             if (bDoVdW_i || bDoCoul_i)
---
>             if (bDoVdW_i || bDoCoul_i_sol)
1031c1046
<                                 else if (!bDoCoul_i)
---