[gmx-users] Rtp for polymer.

Andrea Muntean andreamuntean at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:39:38 CET 2009

I connect the monomers by adding a bond in the rtp entry, in which the
first atom of the next residue is given with + (you can also connect
with the previous residue with - in front of the last atom). Sorry to
explain this in a very confuse way. Better look at the example bellow
(for polystyrene):

[PS]
[atoms]
CH2     CH2     0       0
CH      CH1     0       0
CB      C       0       0
CG1     CR1     0       0
CG2     CR1     0       0
CG3     CR1     0       0
CG4     CR1     0       0
CG5     CR1     0       0

[bonds]
;-CH    CH2     gb_ (you put the appropriate bond from the ff*_bon.itp file)
CH2     CH      gb_
CH      CB      gb_
CB      CG1     gb_
CG1     CG2     gb_
CG2     CG3     gb_
CG3     CG4     gb_
CG4     CG5     gb_
CG5     CB      gb_
CH      +CH2    gb_

[angles]
[impropers]
[dihedrals]
(angles, impropers and dihedrals were defined accordingly, but not listed here)

I hope that will help.

Andrea