[gmx-users] Rtp for polymer.

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Feb 5 07:06:04 CET 2009

varsha gautham wrote:
> Hello  justin,
>
> Am sorry to say that its not useful.But what i mean is that the rtp
> constructed manually is building up the polymer and generating topology
> files and gro files.
> But when i look into the gro file with vmd the connectivity between each
> of the monomer is not built.

VMD merely guesses the connectivity - there's none specified in a .gro
file, which is purely a set of coordinates. A .top file defines a
topology. If your input structure doesn't conform to VMD's heuristics,
then it won't show a bond.

You can't judge the success of your .rtp construct without looking at
the *topology* pdb2gmx produced.

Try http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/.top_file and links thereon.