[gmx-users] how to get a solvent density map using volumeslice in VMD

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 13 18:09:16 CET 2009

Hi Jinyao,

your question is not very well defined. It is considerably easier for
me if you tell me exactly what you tried to get this to work, which I
imagine was more than simply running g_spacial once and selecting the
volume_slice representation in vmd. That said,

1. Can you view it as an isosurface? That is a simpler representation
to get working and so is a valuable test.

2. Did you try pushing the bar that moves the slicing plane up and down?
2b. Did you try changing the axis and then repeating #2, above?

3. Open the "colors" dialog and go to color scales. When you see the
volume slice as entirely one color, does that color correspond to full
strength or no signal?

4. With the color scale mentioned above, try changing the offset and
magnitude of the gradient and see if that has any effect.

5. What options did you use when you ran g_spatial?

Chris.

Message: 1