[gmx-users] RE: Help with apolar solvent box

Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:53:49 CET 2009

>Hello, I would like to know if there is any recommendation onto
>setting up a system with a protein in a apolar solvent box. If there
>is any tutorial or web page with topologies for solvents. I read that
>the decane box that comes with gromacs is not to be used for
>simulations, if that is true, then how should I assemble my system?

Hi Fabrício,

It seems nothing is extremely specific in your task if the force field
is ready. What solvent do you need? Is it really decane? I have never
worked with decane topology provided with gromacs but I know there's
some well-studied ones in the literature.
Read about editconf and genbox standard gromacs utilities to make your box.

Best,
Vitaly

--
Vitaly V. Chaban, Ph.D. (ABD)