[gmx-users] Re: Help with apolar solvent box

Ragnarok sdf fabracht1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 19:10:28 CET 2009

I have tried with decane, octane and CCl4. The three of them got me
the same problem, pressure scaling more than 1%. I have tried
increasing the tau_p value, cause that was one of the solutions given
in gmx user's list. That didn´t work out either. All my simulations
were carried out using ffgmx forcield. I think the problem is due to
using the wrong parameters in my input mdp files, but I don´t really
know which. That is why I asked about some tutorial or something more
especific about building protein boxes with apolar solvents. If I
could choose, I would prefer using octane box with ffgmx forcefield
cause I will eventually work with a lipid bilayer and will use such a
forcefield in my simulations.