[gmx-users] pull_pbcatom appears global and could benifit from a sanity check during grompp

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 11:47:08 CET 2009

Hi,

pull_pbcatom is indeed a global atom index.
I will add this information to the mdp description.
I don't see how any atom number would not be affected by reordering your topology,
except if you are thinking of group that consist of exactly one molecule.

But pull_pbcatom does not have to be part of the pull group.
Although in most cases user will choose it to be part of the group,
one can think of cases where an atom not part of the group is more central.
Code wise I don't see any reason why this should not work.
Are you sure that this does not work?

I don't see why you would want pull_pbcatom to take an index group.
Apart from the fact that this will complicate the option description and processing,
you will have to make an index group with one atom index, which you would
otherwise fill in directly in pull_pbcatom.

Berk