[gmx-users] Re: solution molecules cannot be set by mdrun after neutralization

Stefano Meliga smeliga at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:12:49 CEST 2009

Hi again,

The energy minimization with conjugate gradient integrator still gives
me two warnings of the type:

t = 0.011 ps: Water molecule starting at atom 28122 can not be settled.
Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep.

My command lines are:

$grxdir/grompp -f 4AKEpreEMcg.mdp -po 4AKE_EMcg.mdp -c 4AKE_EMsteep.gro
-p 4AKEallHion.top -pp 4AKEpreEMsteep.top -o 4AKE_EMcg.tpr
$grxdir/mdrun -s 4AKE_EMcg.tpr -o 4AKE_EMcg.trr -c 4AKE_EMcg.gro -e
4AKE_EMcg.edr -g 4AKE_EMcg.log -v

This is my mdp file 4AKEpreEMcg.mdp:

title               =  4AKE_EMcg
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
define              =  -DFLEXIBLE
constraints         =  none
integrator          =  cg
nsteps              =  1500
nstlist             =  50
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.0
rcoulomb            =  1.0
rvdw                =  1.0
;
;       Energy minimizing stuff
;
emtol               =  1.0
emstep              =  0.01

The minimization is successful but I don't see the meaning of this timestep.

Thanks,

Stefano.