[gmx-users] Computer simulation details

Pramod Akula ab.pramod at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:07:25 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I would like to run GPCR protein dynamics in lipid bilayer along with
water molecules and ions. As you all know it becomes huge system and
may take very long time to obtain results on ordinary PCs.I would like
to run the above mentioned simulation on my personnel laptop.

Please let me know your best suggestions from experience ,which one
would be the most efficient to do the same, I mean the constitution of
the laptop like GB in RAM, number of cores required, processor clock,
3D graphics compatability, hard disc size and finally the brand.

Your suggestions would be of great help to many.....

Regards,

Akula