[gmx-users] programmes to have in double precision besides mdrun_d

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:45:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

Nothing needs to be double precision.

Why do you want mdrun in double precision?
The only common reason for this is normal mode analysis,
in which case you need all the tools involved in double precision.
For normal MD simulation there is nearly never a need for
double precision.
Actually mdrun is the only program where performance really matters,
so compiling all other programs in double precision is a not an issue.

All Gromacs programs independently of the compilation can read
both single and double precision files.

Berk