[gmx-users] programmes to have in double precision besides mdrun_d

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:04:44 CEST 2009

Alan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I usually create only mdrun_d (double precision), although I am not a
> hard user, however, doing some usage lately, I caught asking me if
> 'grompp' should be double too, and then what else.
>
> So, is there any reason for others programme to go double besides
> mdrun? If so, which programmes one would suggest, why?

I would think everything would have to be in double precision - grompp to
generate the proper input; editconf, genbox, etc. to write the correct
precision; all of the analysis tools to read the double-precision files produced
by mdrun_d...but I've never had much experience with double precision, so I
can't be 100% on that.

-Justin

> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Alan