[gmx-users] Parameters for -Si-Si- chains?

Florian Dommert dommert at icp.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 23 16:20:03 CEST 2009

* Semen Esilevsky <yesint4 at yahoo.com> [2009-06-23 06:06:58 -0700]:

>ThanksTsjerk, Google is definitely our best friend :) However, digging for parameters and testing the funny mixed force field is not justified in this case - the project is small as well as the amount of financing :) So, I whould be very grateful if somebody could point me to the ready-to-use -Si-Si- GROMACS topologies (if they exists of course).

Mixing force field parameters is very dangerous, because they are
parametrized in respect to each other, therefore I am quite sure that
Tserk did not meant that you should mix any parameters. The choice of a
suitable set of parameters depends on many factors, the environment you
simulate, the boundary conditions, temperature ... . So I interpret
Tsjerks reply in the following way: literature should be searched to find a reference
article describing the simulation of a very similar system, from this
reference a consistent force field should derived and applied in your
simulation.

Flo

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.