[gmx-users] genbox error at futil.c

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 23 16:25:10 CEST 2009

iulek wrote:
>    Thanks for replying.
>
>    Humm..., maybe I see now. As a beginner I intended to keep all files
> produced and better inspect what happens in sequence, but I did not want
> to use the conventional renaming. But it seems that for the topology
> file, the common procedure is to keep always one only name through the
> several steps, right? That is what I understand with

You can keep the same name, or manually make your own backup copies along the
way (topol_orig.top, topol_after_sol.top, etc).

> "
> Option     Filename  Type         Description
>  -p      topol.top  In/Out, Opt. Topology file
> "
>
>    so, the same name for input and output, yet genbox renames the old
> one according to the conventions (which in my script I could then
> further "re-rename").

Right, genbox will not make a new file for you, it simply processes the input
topology, which becomes the output once it is modified.

-Justin

>    And... genbox does need a previous topology file (RecA_nat_b4em.top
> was intended to be the output file!).
>    Thanks, again.
>
> Jorge
>

>> iulek wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>>     I am a very beginner, trying to make some dynamics of a protein
>>> in a water box, after doing some (web) tutorials. I googled first for
>>> this (possibly simple) error, found one reference, but cannot see it,
>>> possibly because the gromacs site is under changes.
>>>     I ran pdb2gmx and editconf. Then at genbox I get the error:
>>>
>>> "
>>> Processing topology

>>> Program genbox, VERSION 4.0.5
>>> Source code file: futil.c, line: 330
>>>
>>> File input/output error:
>>> RecA_nat_b4em.top
>>> "
>>>

>> So is the topology in the current working directory?
>>
>> -Justin
>>

>>>     The command line is:
>>>  > genbox -cp ${MOL}_in_box.gro -cs -p ${MOL}_b4em.top -o
>>> ${MOL}_b4em.gro << eof > genbox.log
>>> eof
>>>     with variable MOL set to RecA_nat
>>>     The file RecA_nat_b4em.gro is output without problems.
>>>     I am using gromacs 4.0.5 under openSuSE 11.1.
>>>     Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jorge

>>> posting!
>>> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
>>> interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>>> Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate