[gmx-users] pullx.xvg Meaning of output?

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:54:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

As I said, if you set a reference group (any name/group for pull_group0),
you apply a potential between two groups group0 and group1.
These two groups are treated completely equivalently (they both
experience the same force, but with opposite sign and they will both move
under influence of the force).

If you use an absolute reference (no name for pull_group0),
the reference is (0,0,0) plus pull_init. There is only pull group,
so only one group will move. But remember that the rest of the system
will move in the other direction if you remove COM motion.

Berk