[gmx-users] What much time does DSSP need to analyze lysozyme?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Jun 28 16:37:40 CEST 2009

Chih-Ying Lin wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1. After compiling, the two following files are created.
> dsspcmbi
> dsspcmbi.exe
>

> 2. The path of the DSSP file is   /usr/local/bin/DSSP.
> Both dsspcmbi and dsspcmbi.exe  are in the file /usr/local/bin/DSSP.

"file" is a distinct concept from "directory".

> 3. So, the last step i type the command in my .profile.
> setenv dssp /usr/local/bin/DSSP
> export dssp= /usr/local/bin/DSSP
> export PATH=$PATH:$DSSP
>
> Is it correct ?

No. You are probably confusing C-shell and bash syntax, and need to be
aware that variable names are case sensitive.

> 4. I also have Gromacs in my MAC.
> And I type the following command.
>
> do_dssp -f 6LYZ-MD.xtc -s 6LYZ-MD.tpr -o secondary-structure.xpm -sc
> secondary-structure.xvg
>
> For running 5 minutes, the following files are created and DSSP still
> keep running.
> Is anything wrong here?

Probably. You need to follow the DSSP installation instructions more
precisely.

Please stop sending multiple emails with the same content. They won't
help you get a response :-)