[gmx-users] Non-bonded Copper

Matthew Roode mjr2 at rice.edu
Mon Jun 29 01:06:51 CEST 2009

Greetings all,

Let me preface this by stating I'm new at MD simulation.  I am trying
to perform a simulation which involves non-bonded copper atoms,
amongst other things.  I'm making use of the Lennard-Jones potential
to describe the non-bonded interactions between them, and I've input
the parameters in the ff*nb.itp file after ensuring Cu was defined in
the ffgmx.atp file.  I use x2top to generate the topology file, but
the program stops on a fatal error telling me "No forcefield type for
atom Cu (841) with 0 bonds".  Can any of you out there offer any
advice on the cause of said error?  Thus far my troubleshooting has
failed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Matt