[gmx-users] error during solvation of system

nitu sharma sharmanitu35 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:10:11 CEST 2009

Dear all

              I am doing simulation of membrane protei in lipid bilayer
after making complex of protein and lipid bilayer  I was going to step
genbox  to  solvate the system but when I was doing this the one error came
like this-

Program genbox, VERSION 4.0.3
Source code file: smalloc.c, line: 179

Fatal error:
Not enough memory. Failed to realloc 1008588692 bytes for nlist->jjnr,
nlist->jjnr=0x6e708008
(called from file ns.c, line 499)
"She Needs Cash to Buy Aspirine For Her Pain" (LIVE)
: Cannot allocate memory

What is this problem .
Is it related with system memory on which i am working or it related with
gromacs .
If anybody have idea about this please suggest me something.

Thank you very much in advance.

Nitu Sharma .