[gmx-users] introducing constrain

anirban polley polley.anirban at gmail.com
Mon May 11 06:46:48 CEST 2009

Dear sir,
            I want to put a constrain into my system. I am simulating lipid
bilayer membrane by GROMACS. I want to put a virtual wall at the z-axis in
my system so that no lipid can move through the virtual wall. In a code
language, it is just this : for lipid :    if z < 60
                                                           {
                                                           }
                                                           where two layer
of lipid is distributing from z= 20 to 70.
Again, this condition is applicable only on lipids where water molecule can
move freely according to its nature.
Could you please tell me how to do it? If any code change is necessary in
the source code of the Gromacs, then please tell me where I put the
constrain.
Thanking you,
Anirban