[gmx-users] TestBed in MPI not working

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Tue May 12 01:41:47 CEST 2009

Thanks Justin. ;)

Well, I'm using a simple script to run the tests. The script follows:

**********************
#!/bin/tcsh
source ../../tcshrc
source /opt/chemistry/gmx404.ompi/bin/GMXRC.csh
set path=( $path /opt/mpi/ompi131/bin )
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/mpi/ompi131/lib

set NCPUS = 2

set i = 1
while ($i <= $NCPUS)
  if ($i == 1) then
echo Single Precision Tests:
    ./gmxtest.pl simple #all
    ./gmxtest.pl clean >& /dev/null
echo Double Precision Tests:
    ./gmxtest.pl -double simple #all
    ./gmxtest.pl clean >& /dev/null
  else
echo Single Precision Tests - Parallel in $i
    ./gmxtest.pl -np $i simple #all
    ./gmxtest.pl clean >& /dev/null
echo Double Precision Tests - Parallel in $i
    ./gmxtest.pl -np $i -double simple #all
#    ./gmxtest.pl clean >& /dev/null
  endif
  @ i++
end
**********************

Using just the "simple" tests now to try to find out where is the error.
Since the error goes everywhere, it just simplify things.
It outputs everything ok with the serial part, but it all gets really messy
in the mpi section.

In version 4.0.4, it's complaining that the grompp is not understanding the
"-np" flag (Invalid command line argument). Then, it doesn't even create a
mdrun.out file. I tried to google this error, but basically nothing was
found. It also can't be a mixing of compilations, since everything is done
in completelly different and independent directories.

Version 3.3.3 on the other hand already failed in so many different places
that I'm really thinking IF I'll make it available in the new cluster. :P

This has to be any sort of pretty stupid mistake so. But I'm clueless this
time. :( Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Jones