[gmx-users] TestBed in MPI not working

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 12 01:44:39 CEST 2009

Jones de Andrade wrote:

<snip>

> Using just the "simple" tests now to try to find out where is the error.
> Since the error goes everywhere, it just simplify things.
> It outputs everything ok with the serial part, but it all gets really
> messy in the mpi section.
>
> In version 4.0.4, it's complaining that the grompp is not understanding
> the "-np" flag (Invalid command line argument). Then, it doesn't even
> create a mdrun.out file. I tried to google this error, but basically
> nothing was found. It also can't be a mixing of compilations, since
> everything is done in completelly different and independent directories.

This has been discussed several times on the list.  The -np flag is no longer
necessary with grompp.  You don't get an mdrun.out because the .tpr file is
likely never created, since grompp fails.

> Version 3.3.3 on the other hand already failed in so many different
> places that I'm really thinking IF I'll make it available in the new
> cluster. :P

What messages are you getting from 3.3.3?  I thought you said the 3.3.x series
worked fine.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080