[gmx-users] How to compile C++ propgram with xdrfile library?

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Sun May 17 20:12:29 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 10:56 -0700, Semen Esilevsky wrote:
> Ok, I have found the bug.
> In file xdrfile_xtc.h conditional directives should be "#ifdef __cplusplus", not "#ifdef CPLUSPLUS" !

<clip>

> After that I have functional text program.
> Now, I tried to make a test with C++ with this simplest program:
>

> #include "xdrfile.h"
> #include "xdrfile_xtc.h"
> int main(){
> XDRFILE* xd = xdrfile_open("a.xtc","r");
> int n;
> read_xtc_natoms("a.xtc",&n);
> }

That, or you can just use

extern C {
#include "xdrfile.h"
#include "xdrfile_xtc.h"
}

int main()
and so on

The same thing also works for gromacs header files.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi