[gmx-users] Shared library version binary on CYGWIN

Makoto Yoneya makoto-yoneya at aist.go.jp
Wed May 27 02:55:55 CEST 2009

Dear GROMACS users:

I'd like to get small sized shared library version GROMACS binary on
windows-PC with CYGWIN (to use in some course).
Even configured with "--enable-shared", the compiled binary set looks
not the shared library version (no DLLs and the total binary set
size was over 100MB).
Actually the compiled GROMACS binary correctly runs.
The problem was just the GROMACS was not shared library version I'd
expected.
I'd tried both gromacs-3.3.3 and gromacs-4.0.4 but the situations were same
(with ./configure --enable-shared --without-x and appropriate CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS).
So, my question was just how to get the shared library version on CYGWIN
with
DLLs (like cyggmx-4.dll, cygmd-4.dll etc.).
Could someone kindly give me info?

Thank you for advance.

Makoto Yoneya, Dr.
AIST, Japan