[gmx-users] EM with inflategro

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 2 23:37:38 CET 2009

sunny mishra wrote:
> I did the catting of lipid.gro and protein.gro and named it as
> system.gro and then I inflated DSPC using INFLATEGRO script command and
> also I am using the default value of 14A for cut off distance. So I
> don't have much idea that after inflating the whole system if I run the
> EM then protein and lipid should minimize.

This information doesn't answer my questions.  Think scientifically - your
system is unstable.  What are the possible sources?  The protein model is poor,
the lipid structure is poorly optimized, or there is a clash between the protein
and lipid.  You can systematically eliminate each one if you minimize each
component separately before constructing the system.

> LINCS warning originates from the very first step as I my stepsize is
> 1000 and dt=.03 (provided by MARTINI) and LINCS says that there are 22
> inconsistent shifts and the maximum force is at atom 3373 which is
> 8.153704e+04. Do you have any idea?

Are you sure you're running EM?  If so, then dt doesn't matter.  If your
stepsize is 1000, that is certainly wrong.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080