[gmx-users] Is anyone also using lammps?s

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Wed Nov 4 15:45:01 CET 2009

Hi Peng,

AFAIK GMX only uses fftw for PME.

If you have no reason to prefer flexible bonds you can use LINCS or
SHAKE to constrain the bond lengths and run with a timestep of 2fs at
room temperature.

You may want to try LAMMPS and GMX with SHAKE and a timestep of 2fs and
see if the results are similar before recompiling GMX. If I understood
you correctly you didn't constrain the bonds.

Ran