[gmx-users] S-type Hydrogen bond correlation function

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 22:04:22 CET 2009

Ramachandran G wrote:
> I commented out the 'read_next_x' routine and in place of it i added
> 'read_next_frame'  as given below will that work?

You could try it, but it won't work. The whole do...while loop needs to
be adjusted to use fr and its struct members, rather than separate box,
t, x, etc. Also read_first_frame is required before the loop, not
whatever is used there.

> Now if i install will i get the trajectory?  Is API available for
> gromacs? Thank you.

Pre 4.1, API documentation is patchy at best. You can see how this
machinery gets used by comparing with the source code of a tool that
read and write non-position data, e.g. gmxdump and doubtless others.

Obviously, you'll need to recompile and re-install to use any new version.

Mark