[gmx-users] Re: Installation on Windows

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:32:02 CET 2009

Hi Pawan,

It may be unintentional, but your post is rather impolite. Do mind
that the people that answer questions here have no obligation to help
you. Nobody should put any effort in making something more user
friendly, unless it is part of their job, e.g. for classes. You can
ask if somebody would have the kindness to put such effort in.

Installing under windows is usually considered awkward. The best way,
as is indicated in the pages that Mark referred to - not his tutorial
by any means -, is to install it under a *nix emulator like Cygwin.
That brings in the need to know a bit about a *nix environment. Plenty
of tutorial material for that out there, but that has nothing to do
with Gromacs per se. That should be your effort. I can understand that
it raises frustration that you can't get it to work, but at this
point, that stands apart from Gromacs. There are other fora for help
on getting started with *nix, cygwin, etc.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.